Saturday, January 2, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Just posting a couple of pictures from 2009 that I neglected to post at the time they occurred. For my mom!

Way back in October, here's how the kids dressed up for Halloween.




Clay didn't want to really be anything in particular. His only request was that he get to spike his hair up. I found the glow-in-the-dark green skeleton shirt at Wal-mart and added some green hairspray to the mix. He's a handsome freaky thing, isn't he?

I made Allison's ladybug outfit following instructions I found online somewhere. It was pretty low key, which is what I shoot for in any kind of homemade item.

Spencer asked to be a gardener. I bought the overalls from my neighbor at a community garage sale. The hat is Bruce's. You can't really see the gardening gloves and seed packets that are attached to the front pockets of his overalls, but you can see a bit of the watering can I attached to the loop on his carpenter overalls. For some reason, when I asked Allison to turn around so I could catch her wings, Spencer felt it was important to show me his rear side as well.

Next up... the fourth graders at Clay's school put on a Veteran's Day program back in November. I surprised Clay by calling Bruce at work after I dropped the kids at school that morning and asked him if he could take off from work to come. I always go to the kids' school programs, but Bruce has never been able to. And Clay has only one year of elementary school after this year, so I thought it'd be nice for both of my older guys.

All three of our kids were happy to see Dad!

The fourth graders did a great job. Our Clay is never enthused about being in front of an audience, so this is his standard pose.



Still handsome as can be, but you can see his discomfort. Poor kid.

Today, we're two days into 2010... and it's snowing. Again.

I don't think it'll amount to anything worth playing in, and for that I'm grateful. It's way too cold out, even for energetic kids who are bundled to look like marshmallows in snow gear. The thermostat has hovered between 19 and 21 degrees.

I'm feeling bad for our lab Dixie.

Happy New Year!

No comments: