Monday, December 22, 2008

It's a Wonder-full Life

Our church's kids' Christmas program was last night. They did this play.



I love the kids' programs. Maybe because I have kids in them most often, but I think I'll like them even when my kids are out of that stage.

Here's a few pictures from the evening.



They were still practicing at that point. I took some pictures the day before during play practice, but the ones taken yesterday are better because the kids are all nice and dressed up.

What's funny is that at the practice on Saturday, Clay took one look at the manger scene on the back drop and he said, "Why are there french fries coming out of the manger?"

Hmmm. Yep. I can see where he'd get that.



french fries Pictures, Images and Photos

I know this picture is much like the previous one, but I love Spencer's big grin here.



I have no idea what Clay is doing here. This was still during the final practice directly before the play started. It's just such typical boy stuff... "I can't sit still. But I'm bored, too. Oh, I know... I think I'll stretch my face a bit."



I even did a small part in this play, (mostly because I was asked to do it within hearing range of my kids, where I would have looked like a hypocrite if I'd passed because of my own stage fright).

So here we are... a posse of parents. Susan was Parent 1 and Parent 4 (she multi-tasks well); Arlena was Parent 2; and I was Parent 3.



Clay does not like doing the musical programs, but he loves to sing in the van and at home. He doesn't like to be on stage. Well, neither do I, but I think it's better for him to do this now and not during college when he takes a speech class, which is how I overcame my stage fright (for the most part.)

We insisted Clay do children's choir again this year after letting him off the hook last year, because I thought all three of our kids would be together this year. But then they divided the groups so that kindergartners were still with the littler kids. (I only found out after their first practice when Spencer and Allison were taken back to the younger group.)

So I did something I don't like others doing. I asked for an exception to be made.

I went to the director of the older kids' group. I said Clay did not want to be in choir but I convinced him to do it as an example to his brother and sister. I also reminded her that we held back our twins from starting school last year, so they are older kindergartners now. And I said if they were any problem at all, I'd pull them out. She was game, so all three are in choir together.

But...

Clay still does not like being in choir, and is again asking us to not "make" him do it next year. So much for me playing on his role as big brother.

Here's the whole group of talented kids. They did a great job.

1 comment:

Jade said...

i just made a whole paragraph and it took it off but i said that its so sad that they dont remember me but i dont know if Clay remembers me though have a good day love jade oh ps i was there it was avery good and cool play they were such good actors i wish i could do that good have a good day again
P.S. could i put u on my favorites on my bog i will if u want me 2 oh please send me something back i dont care what paragraph its in i mean under love ya love jade richardson u can get on my moms blog and then get on mine maybe oh never mind get on www.jade4fun.blogspot.com thanks love jade richardson