Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Grad Dad

This morning, Bruce finally walked the stage to celebrate the completion of his earned Master's of Business Administration degree. He finished classes at the end of August, and today was commencement.

Here he is with the kids, before the ceremony.



Graduation wasn't as long as I expected, thankfully. Our kids stayed quiet and occupied with drawing in notebooks or playing the DS, even though they told Bruce later that the whole event was boring.





Bruce and three other dads he works with all earned this distinction concurrently. We wives and those kids who attended sat together. Bruce's parents also came along with his middle brother, Bryan and his wife, Alondra.

Here's my hubby, walking the stage. (It's a dark photo, because I took the point-and-shoot camera, not the monster camera.) He's the third one from the back of the line.



When we got home, I saw this:



I started this Christmas cactus with two sections off of a plant, either from my brother-in-law or my father-in-law. I can't remember. It's been that long that I've had this plant. And this is the first time ever that it has bloomed. I had no idea the blooms would be white. Happy Christmas surprise to me!

Every year around this time, during a visit to my in-laws' home, I see my father-in-law's Christmas cactus blooming like something out of the Garden of Eden. Lush. Full. Vibrant.

And my little sickly plant at home just seemed that much more pitiful. I realize it is still little. And puny, too. But it has blooms for the first time ever, so it deserves a little recognition.

It's the Little Cactus that Could.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Congratulations to Bruce on his graduation. That's quite an accomplishment. You must be very proud. The kids look cute especially the kid with the DS Lite. Boy I wish we had this in our day. I sat through many occasions that were boring to a kid and this would of made it much better.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Bruce!!
Love you!
christy hite