Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Babies

Allison is in trouble. She's in her room. My girl has taken a shine to kicking people. Sometimes in very painful places.

So in the interest of us ever becoming grandparents, she's getting a lengthy time out right now.

And Clay is evaluating how many children are too many.

"I think three is too much of a handful," he said. "So I plan to stick with just two."

Well, my sweet firstborn... "What if your wife wants six babies?" I asked.

"Yikes!" he replied.

Then Spencer checked in with his plans.

"I want six kids," he said. "You want to know why? Because I love babies."

Well, my sweet second born... "You know all babies grow up. And you still have to feed them when they're big." I said. (I couldn't help it. All these snow days are killing me. I feel new empathy for the ladies in the lunch room at school. I just can't feed these kids enough to fill them!)

"I know," he said. "But even when they're big, they'll still be MY babies."

See. That right there tells me there's nothing wrong with that boy's hearing!

I tell him the same thing all the time.

"Grow up all you want; you'll always be my baby!"

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I always love your posts! And the snow days are killing me too. Not for lack of food but for my sanity!