Thursday, November 8, 2007

And then there were two

Allison must have a touch of ESP, because her statement about naming only one fish is fast becoming a reality. I've flushed two more in the last 24 hours. Only the two largest fish have survived, and I'm not sure they're long for this world. I'll spare you the nasty details, but there is evidence that they are definitely sickly. Bruce cut me off rather quickly when I tried to explain what was up when I called him after lunch today. Can't imagine why.

I'm completely over the fish. This is just gross stuff. Should the last two die, I'm thinking two little green geckos should take their place. There's no water involved and that's a good thing. However, I'm sure I saw little bitty crickets in the aquariums at PetSmart... and I'm positive they weren't there for company.

I just can't let the kids see me freak about any other bugs. Have I mentioned how much I'm loving Dixie right now! Dogs are great.

We're picking mom up at the airport tomorrow. The kids are pretty excited. I think they're already looking forward to making German Christmas cookies with her. I know for a fact that Bruce is looking forward to eating them!

No comments: