Thursday, November 29, 2007

A snippet from Spencer

It's the kid's bedtime. Past bedtime actually. I'm tired. It's been a long day, the highlight being that Spencer and Clay broke the door off of Clay's closet (I fixed it), because Clay had pretend arrested Spencer and shut him in the closet only to have Spencer attempt a jail break. This was followed not five minutes later by the realization that Clay had rubbed a Matchbox car on his bed so that the finish came off in one spot. I still need to study for this week's Sunday school lesson (in more ways than one... I desperately need some scripture right about now.)

One kid is showered. Another is doing homework at the last minute because he neglected to tell me he had any when he first got home, and I neglected to check on him because he has me so spoiled by his usual, "Mom, I have homework, but I did it all on the bus ride home."

And the third one, Spencer, was highly resistent to showering a minute ago because How The Grinch Stole Christmas was on. I could hear the song from the kitchen earlier... "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch. You really are a heel. You're as cuddly as a cactus. You're as charming as an eel. Mr. Grinch, you're a bad banana with a greasy black peel." (Am I the only person who likes this song?!)

Anyway, I called for Spencer, saying it was time for his shower. And his whiniest little voice came back, saying: "But Momma. I really want to watch Mr. Grump."

I couldn't help it. I laughed.

And then I sat down and finished watching "Mr. Grump" with them. Thought I might learn something from the grouch by the end of the show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the grinch song too! I always say Duffer is the Grinch because he hates listening to Christmas music and I always start playing it right after Thanksgiving! :)
Nicole