Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Against My Better Judgment...

I let them all go out and play in this snow, the first one I've thought worthy of actually closing schools.



I would have kept Clay inside, but before Bruce left for work he said, "Aww, let him go out and play for a minute. This doesn't happen often."

Yeah. Neither does pneumonia.

We'll see if this becomes one of those things that we kick ourselves for later.

Clay came in on his own when he started coughing. Allison came in on her own because she got cold. Can you see a pattern here? Yeah, well that's where the pattern ends. Because Clay and Allison are our more compliant kids.

Spencer came in only after I called him to come in. I sweetened the deal by saying, "Your hot chocolate is on the table."

He was grouchy while shedding his many layers. And when I asked if it was good to play in the snow, Spencer gave a vehement "no". I asked why he said no and he complained, "I wanted to be out there longer!"

I think he takes after Bruce and the other two take after me. Snow seekers vs. fireside fans.

No comments: