Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthday Funny

Today's my birthday, but since the family celebrated with me early, it doesn't really feel like my birthday.

To celebrate, we went out to eat at Panera Bread. My pick, because I love their Greek salad. And the local restaurant just opened in our town.

We went on Friday afternoon... after I'd kept Clay home from school for two days to recover from strep.

As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, who did we run into? Clay's teacher. She's a mom, though, so she was a good sport about it.

And, technically, Clay had his shot about 26 hours before we went out to eat, so he had just cleared that contagious phase. And even if it was still a close call, hanging around with his buddies at school is likely to infect someone, whereas eating out isn't so likely.

All you medical types out there... if my logic is way wrong, just please let me continue to live in ignorance.

Today has been a great day. Very busy, but a great day.

My friend Kim sent me the following joke. I share it, because, you know, we all have birthdays. And we're not getting any younger.


An 80-year old man goes for a physical. All tests come back with normal results.

The doctor says, "George, everything looks great. How are you doing mentally and emotionally? Are you at peace with God?"

George replies: "God and I are tight. He knows I have poor eyesight, so he's fixed it so when I get in up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, poof! the light goes on. When I'm done, poof! the light goes off."

"Wow, that's incredible," says the doctor.

A little later in the day, the doctor calls George's wife.

"Ethel," he says, "George is doing fine! But I had to call you because I'm in awe of his relationship with God. Is it true that he gets up during the night and poof! the light goes on in the bathroom, and when he's done, poof! the light goes off?"

"Oh my...!" Ethel exclaims. "He's peeing in the fridge again!"





Okay, it ain't highbrow humor, but tell me you didn't either chuckle or groan.


3 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Birthday. I thought the joke was funny. Yes I chuckled.

~cassie~ said...

I hope you had a FABULOUS birthday!!! You are a wonderful lady, and I love reading your blog, and getting the honor to know you personally...Love ya!!!

KC said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!