Monday, September 6, 2010

Camping and Crafting

Just back from another camping trip to Deer Run RV Park in Crossville. We really enjoy that place. I think this was our fourth or fifth stay. It was definitely the most crowded visit we've had. And even though I do not like crowds, it still felt... um, not so crowded.

Not too many pictures to post. When we go to this campground, we really don't plan much running around off site, except for a visit down to Cookeville to see my grandpa, dad and brother (and his family). Maybe that's the thing I like best about our stays there... it's real down time!

The campground did have some craft time planned for the kids because of Labor Day weekend.

They all made this God's Eye craft:



Allison also did this craft:



No crafty picture of Spencer. Instead I give you this:



The fishing poles had no hooks, but Bruce told the kids they could play with them anyway. Some time AFTER they got the okay but BEFORE Bruce regretted it (he was spitting mad once he had to take apart each pole to fix the jammed up fishing lines), Spencer runs up to us with fish in hand.

Sure, it's small. But he caught that thing with his own hands! No hook!

I even asked him if the fish was floating when he found it. Nope. The fish struggled after being pulled from the water.

Still, it was probably sick or something. I mean, Spencer's fast, but that fast? I have my doubts.

Whatever! It made Spencer's day.

And you can't argue with that.

No comments: