Friday, September 17, 2010

Dead and Gone

I have to follow-up on my last post.

The cricket is dead.

Peace now reigns in our home.

Well, except for when the kids are home from school. Before they fall asleep at night.

But at least we're all having an easier time falling asleep again.

Here's the kicker: Jiminy's death was entirely accidental. I don't know who gets the credit.

I had been to the local Wal-mart to buy some Borax, but they were sold out. I called Bruce and asked him to check at the one near his work on his way home. Also sold out.

Ironically, that night, the chirping ceased.

The next day, I accidentally discovered why. While opening our downstairs door to the garage, I saw something black near the bottom hinge. Something kind of spikey. And crunchy looking.

Mr. Amore evidently sang his last love song and when no love interest appeared on the horizon, he came out of his hiding place behind our drywall, and crawled right into the door crack at just the wrong time.

I told you it was bad luck to mess with the Moody people's sleep.

No comments: