Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

I haven't been on here in awhile because, as I told Bruce, I feel like I've been gone more than I've been in my own home in the last few weeks. It's a slight exaggeration, but not by much.

A few days after returning from Disney, I took the kids to Cookeville to visit with my family there. We stayed for only three days and then rushed back to celebrate Christmas with the Moody side of the family.

While the kids and I were driving home that Sunday morning, a sweet couple had brought to church gifts for our kids for Christmas. Bruce brought them home, and once we got home and after naps, the kids opened them.

This is Allison's reaction to the earrings she received.



Afterwards, we headed to the Moodys for a relaxed evening with family and food. That night, our kids, and the other Moody grandkids, stayed the night at Meemaw and Peepaw's house. Bruce and I had planned to wrap gifts when we got home that evening, without worrying about the kids sneaking up on us, but we stayed over Bruce's parent's house until around 11:30 that night. I was just too tired to wrap then. The next morning, Christmas Eve, we went to the Moody's for brunch.

Here's a few pictures Bruce took the night before Christmas Eve and on Christmas Eve. I was lame this year and never held the camera. Bruce isn't in a single picture. I actually feel pretty bad about that, but I didn't even think of it at the time.

Here's a picture of five of the Moody grandkids.



And here's Joshua, who was MIA from the previous picture.



Our kids are BIG into making paper airplanes. Sometimes I find 20 planes scattered throughout the house in a day. If I throw them away, they magically reappear by the next day. Here Spencer is sharing the joy with Colin and Madison.



Meanwhile, Clay was racking up the pool balls.



Just a few pictures Bruce took while practicing his camera skills.

Brandi.



Sharon.



Roy.



Bryan.



Alondra.



Me. Can you see a marked difference in my expression and everyone else's? Bruce does not normally capture me well. Oh well.



All six grandkids, waiting to open their gifts.



In just a few more days/weeks, there will be a new little Moody grand-daughter to add to upcoming photos. But it'll be awhile before she's outside, being chased by Bruce's camera like the rest of the kids and adults were.

Here's Clay and Colin.



Bryan.



Spencer.



Colin.



Brandon.



Allison and Sadie, Brandon and Brandi's dog.



Madison and Rex, Roy and Sharon's dog.



Clay.



Running to the swing.



Allison.



Brandon pushing Allison.



Madison, future GAP model. That's just what pops into my head every time I look at pictures of her.



Joshua.



Clay.



Spencer.



Bryan, Madison, Roy and Brandon.



Okay, funny story here. Below, Alondra is wearing turquoise earrings she received from the Moodys for Christmas. Each of us daughters-in-law received a pair. And Sharon matched earring styles to personal styles perfectly. Alondra's pair are long and dangly. Brandi's are medium sized, hanging about half as much as Alondra's. And mine are little squares with no dangle! We should have had all three of us wearing our earrings in one picture.



Back at home Christmas morning. Our kids were pretty happy with all the toys from Santa and mom and dad. Here's Allison and her Barbie, and Clay and his Brain Age game for this DS.



Spencer and his racing track.



In their stockings, the boys got these miner's head lights, which were a huge hit. They both wear them constantly. The other night, when I went into Clay's room to kiss him after they were all asleep, I found him passed out, with the miner's light strapped to his head, shining brightly.



Roy made Spencer and Allison bookshelves for their rooms. They love them! However, I am beginning to think they are as much a gift to me as to the kids. Finally, I can walk into Packrat Spencer's room and see carpet. Spontaneous vacumming will finally be spontaneous.



No comments: