Saturday, January 19, 2008

Funny Girl

Okay, this is a record for me. Three posts in one day. But I could not let this one slip by.

I was posting the previous entry like a mad woman when the cries for food began. I checked the clock and realized it was supper time. I looked at Bruce and said, "I can make a homemade pizza, or we can order one." And because he is such a good man, he said, "Let's order one."

Allison started jumping up and down from excitement. Trust me... it's not like ordering a pizza is a rarity in our house either. She finally got over her tizzy enough to talk and said, "Let's get one from that checkers place."

My first thought was that burger joint called Checkers that was torn down a couple years ago. But that didn't make sense. It only had burgers, not pizza, and we'd only been there once. There was no way she remembered that.

So then, because I am not always one to pick up on the obvious, I started searching my memory for any place that we've ever eaten pizza that had a checkerboard tiled floor. I drew a complete blank.

And then the lightning bolt hit.

"Allison, are you talking about Domino's?"

Yep, she wanted Domino's pizza; not to be confused with Checker's pizza.

I laughed so hard, I hurt her feelings and had to explain and apologize (please see today's previous entry about sensitivity!).

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hello
You know what I like about YOU??? All of your funny stories!! They always make me giggle!
Listen my friend...we did have a big ole' shredded cheese mess!! UGH! As you know, I don't like messes either. I just let Jarrett and Blake have their fun and then I cleaned up like a woman on a mission when the coast was clear. I LOVE to cook...I'm hoping that they will too. My Daddy was a really good cook.
AND thanks for the Disney stuff. That was very thoughtful of you. We are really getting excited!!! Not too much longer now. YIPEEEE! YEEHAW! YAAHOO!