Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oh, Happy Day!

Today, my favorite person in the whole wide world stopped by for a quick visit.

He is my new Best Friend Forever.

It was my UPS man.



And he delivered a highly anticipated package... containing the new heating element for my dryer. Good bye, stupid ol' Sunbean iron! I won't be needing you again any time soon.

I am oh-so-happy.

I'm behind on posting. I'll get up some pictures of the kids and their birthday party soon.

We've run around like crazy this week. Each day I had separate optometrist appointments for me and the kids. Separate, because now that they are all in school, I can do that sort of thing.

In the past I have taken all three for appointments in one setting.

Trust me, the Chinese have nothing in their stash of torture ideas to match taking three children to any doctor, dental or eye appointment.

The only downside is that it took up huge chunks of time each morning this week, so I got no housecleaning done. And I'd been telling Bruce that once all three kids were in school, our house would be shiny clean. (Really... what makes us say such stupid promises? I'd swear I'd been drinking if I didn't know better!).

Because of eye appointments, regular siphoning visits to Wal-mart, and other errands, I've only been home for lunch and to make supper and then head back out the door for something with the kids all week. But when I told Bruce I was stressed about it, he suggested that next time our annual eye appointments come around, I should just take all three on the same day again.

I'd swear he'd been drinking if I didn't know better.

I love how the suggestion came from my sweet honey, who has never had the pleasure of accompanying three jacked-up kids, sitting in a waiting room for endless hours of time, passing nap times, passing snack times, and passing the end of all patience.

That's just crazy talk coming out of his mouth. Sometimes he's so smart, too.

But not always.

I told Bruce it was worth every penny of overpriced gas that it took for me to chauffeur each child separately to their appointment. I consider it an investment in my mental stability.

Today, I started on housecleaning. All day. And I'm still not done.

What is it about cleaning that makes you realize how dirty stuff really is? I thought I just needed to scrub bathrooms and vacuum. But along the way I found all kinds of other stuff to clean.

I think I have ADD when it comes to cleaning. I'm constantly side-tracked.

I got my glass-topped stove scrubbed clean, wiped down blinds, poured Drano down our shower and bathroom drains, and hauled all kinds of junk out of the kids' rooms. Then I priced some stuff for an upcoming garage sale.

If I could have another two days just like today, my house really would be shiny.

But when is the last time you had several days in a row to clean?

Yeah, me, too!

Never!

1 comment:

KC said...

I right there with you on the ADD when it comes to house cleaning.. My grandma keeps telling me over and over, work in one room only and don't leave that room till it's done.. OK I tried, just isn't working well for me.. so I run all over and never get anything done LOL.
I like the idea of the one kid at a time appointment, that was until I found myself running to appointments every day. I still pretty much do appointments one on one, EXCEPT for the dentist which is an hour drive from my house.. So I like to plan there cleanings to have all 4 go in at once and if they need any work done I try to fit them in on the same day so I don't have to keep traveling back and forth.