Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Book Fair

Do you have a kid that tests you constantly with his willfulness? Do you question your sanity, along with your ability to parent, because you are forever knocking heads with your child?

I do. And I do.

Am I alone? I don't think so.

I've always said there will come a day when Spencer's hardheadedness will serve him well.

Today is that day. Hallelujah!

We took the kids to their school's book fair on Monday night and picked up several books. Today, Spencer has sat on the couch with his new best friend.



He is stubbornly plowing his way through this book, sounding out vowels and consonants like crazy. Sometimes he asks for help, but overall I'm amazed at the words he gets all on his own.



It looks like we have another big reader on our hands.

I like that very much.

No comments: