Friday, November 21, 2008

Joy To the World

Spencer is running around the house singing Christmas carols. Bruce put up our fake tree last night. I've got nearly all of our Christmas shopping done (for the kids anyway). I just got e-mail confirmation that our Christmas photo cards are ready to be picked up.

And last night, our first real snow fell.



Clay woke up at 3 a.m. with a bloody nose, which happens frequently with him in the winter. I think it's a combination of his allergies and dry air. After we had him all fixed up, Bruce told him there was snow outside.

I gave my sweet hubby the evil eye (as much as I could around my normal-for-3 a.m., squinty-eyed expression). I asked him, "Why did you tell him that? You want him to go back to sleep, don't you?" Thankfully, he did.

Technically, this is the third time we've seen snow this year, but it's the first time it's actually amounted to anything more than a few flakes. We have about two inches out there right now. And even though the roads are clear in our neighborhood, school has been cancelled.



I love snow. But more from the inside looking out. Unless I'm skiing, I'd rather be in the house next to a fire. But today, I'm certain I'll be bundled up with the kids and sledding in the back yard. I get to pull the sled. Just call me "lucky".

I'm not going to get a thing accomplished today, but I'm happy the kids are getting a break from school. Snow just adds to the whole ambiance of the approaching holidays.



Hope you are appropriately bundled up and ready to enjoy the season.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

LOL... I'm with you, Tanja! I love the snow, but from the indoors while sitting in front of the fire.

Enjoy your day with the kids!

Nicole said...

I loved snow days until my kids started city schools and have actually been out one day in 6 years!! It's good for me I guess since I have to go to work anyway!! I totally should have been a teacher.