Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Overheard...

While driving the other night, Bruce and I overheard the following conversation between our kids.


Clay: Hey, Spencer, I'm not trying to point any fingers or anything, but what have you been learning in guidance at school?

Spencer: Lots of things.

Clay: Like what?

Spencer: Behavior stuff.

Clay: Well, and I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but have you all talked about bullying with Miss Clair?

Spencer: Yeah.

Clay: Well, you might want to listen better. Because Allison and I are getting kind of tired of you bullying us.

Allison: Yeah!

Spencer: Whatever.


Bruce and I could hardly hold in the laughs. It's a perfect script of daily life in our house. Except that this particular talk was played out without shouting, so I was proud.

And this conversation happened without a physical scuffle.

Maybe because they were all seat-belted into their respective corners of the vehicle.

Still, I have to count it as progress.

3 comments:

Pierce Family Happenings said...

That is hilarious-love the way it was so calmy discussed and then Allison chimed in at the end.:) They are so funny! I hope everyone is feeling well and getting healthy, you are due a few "dr-free weeks".
Anne

KC said...

LOL LOL LOL that is the funniest

Nicole said...

That is so cute! I love "overhearing" those conversations!!!