Thursday, November 6, 2008

Shhhhhhhh...

...listen.

Do you hear that?

Yeah, it's quiet. Your phone is no longer ringing incessantly with calls from one political camp or another.

It's over.

Finally.

Ahhhhhhh.

But what's not done is that huge pile of candy in the kitchen, leftover from Halloween.

You want to know the best clue that your kids have too much candy?

You walk, barefooted, across the kitchen floor and feel something poke your toe. Thinking you have a hang-nail, you glance down at your foot and instead see a piece of brown glass.

"Who broke a Pyrex dish and didn't tell me about it?" you wonder. (Aren't all Moms the Glass Police, after all?)

However, upon a more detailed inspection of your bare toe, you realize no glass has been broken. You have been poked by a candy shard.

A chocolate Tootsie Roll Pop shard, to be exact.

And did you realize that Wal-mart already has its Christmas candy aisle in order?

Do you think Obama can fix that?

Because that's my issue right now. Christmas candy at Wal-mart, right next to Halloween candy that's marked half off.

There should be a law against that!

Surely, retailers have an obligation to mothers to wait until we have paid off the fillings from Halloween goodies before plying us with their Christmas candy.

2 comments:

KC said...

I was walking though my kitchen today and thought I steeped on a rock was wondering when someone brought a rock in the house, looked down and it was a sucker..
and my phone only rang twice today I was wondering if it was broken. LOL.. even yesterday up until 7:30pm my phone would ring every 5 to 10 minutes with election calls.. UGH..

Christina said...

I have had this experience. I hate candy on the floor, but usually I step in the sticky kind that is hard to get off your foot.