Saturday, November 22, 2008

In the News

Clay made the local newspaper.

Each week, in the Wednesday paper, there's a section called Write On: Young Voices Speak! Local teachers mail in student responses to pre-selected questions.

Clay has been hoping to have his answer written up since the end of last school year.

This past Wednesday, the question was: World Kindness Week is the second week in November. What are some ways you can show kindness toward others?

Clay wrote: "I would not litter, because world kindness week sounds like I should be kind to the world. I would recycle paper, coke cans, and bottles. I would listen to my parents. I could give money to charity. I could help my brother (kindergartener) with his homework."

He's got a little bit of the tree hugger in him.

When he realized he was in the paper, he started wondering if he's now famous. It's funny and sweet.

Spencer had a dental appointment on Friday and the receptionist said she saw Clay's write up. When I told Clay that, he said, "I guess I really am worldwide."

And there is no way I'm bursting that little bubble.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Congratulations to Spencer and what a great answer he wrote.

~cassie~ said...

too cute!! I love the "worldwide comment"-He is going to take after his mommy...a writer...=)