Thursday, April 9, 2009

Exactly!

empty chapel Pictures, Images and Photos

Spencer approached us the other day with this phrase: "I think God wants me to be baptized."

We talked and decided to take him to visit our preacher. I don't think he fully understands all there is to grasp before making Jesus his Savior, but he's seeking. And we'll help any way we can with that.

Anyway, I took him yesterday to visit the preacher. They talked alone for about 20 minutes. And then they came out and Preacher Roy gave me the low down from his point of view, which coincided with our thoughts exactly.

I actually pulled Spencer out of school for this visit. How else is he going to have solitary time? Plus, with him having a twin, I'm concerned about copy cat behavior in his sister, who hasn't vocalized any great interest in spiritual things yet. Not with any depth anyway.

So I picked Spencer up from school and as we were driving to the church, we had a little conversation about the benefits of school. It started with him saying how he likes school, but he misses me while he's at school.

I told him I missed him, too, and that was all normal, but how cool is it to be learning to read?

Quite cool, he agreed. And then said this: "Because if I couldn't read, then I couldn't read my Bible. And if I couldn't read my Bible, then what would I know?"

The Bible Pictures, Images and Photos

That's right.

If we don't read our Bible, then what do we know?

Being a mom just rocks when God gives you a nugget right from your child's mouth.

2 comments:

Brian E. Sharp said...

Proverbs 1:7

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Varinka said...

AWESOME!!!!
THAT'S RIGHT!!! :)