Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Preach On!

Do we have a future preacher in our house? If Spencer's school work is any indication, it's possible.

Ever since Spencer had his visit with our preacher, I've noticed him waving to our preacher any time he sees him. And on the way to the Easter Egg Hunt a few weeks ago, Spencer asked if he could hug the preacher when he saw him. It's sweet.

This week Spencer brought home a worksheet titled with "What Would You Like to Be?" He wrote "preacher" on the page and colored in the outfit he would wear to work.

Oh, how I wish we had a scanner so I could share his masterpiece with you. He colored his hair red. Good job.

But then he colored his preaching suit with a red shirt, blue pants, and orange shoes. I can assure you that our preacher does not dress with such multicolored abandon.

I asked Spencer why he wanted to be a preacher and he succinctly said, "So I can read my Bible all the time and because I love God."

He's such a good kid.

The other night, he sat next to me on the couch right before time for bed. I gave him a little hug and kiss, and he said to me, "If I was a grown up right now, I'd want you to be my wife."

Awwwww!

I SO prefer that Spencer over the Spencer who calls me a "meanie" when he's mad.

I just love that boy. Good and bad. All rolled into one highly energetic little redhead.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Ahhh.. I love this, Tanja! What a sweet little guy that loves the Lord!