Sunday, April 5, 2009

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

After blogging for the past two years at Three Moody Cuties, I decided to make that blog more of what it was intended to be... a way to stay in touch with family members who don't live close by. Going back to the basics, so to speak. So I made it private and invited only our family to be members of the freak show that is often our lives.

But I still wanted a place to do my thing on occasion, too. Put up some fun blog questionnaires, post clips of music, ramble a bit about what God's been saying to me at that point in time.

And so, the birth of a new blog. But birthing a new blog name was creating some major labor pains. I'd plug in something I liked and Blogger would let me know how unoriginal I was being by informing me that the name was already taken.

So I go where I often go when I need help... my husband. Bruce suggested Twisted Sister. Not only was I not a fan, but it's evidently unoriginal as well. And then he said, "How about Tanja Lasagna?"

I laughed.

Because I'd already considered it.

And because he knows me so well.

Tanja Lasagna was my nickname in kindergarten, oh so many years ago. I hated it. And for years I wouldn't eat lasagna either, because I was sure I'd hate it as well.

Today, I don't think I've met a pasta I don't love. Plus, I get a lot of people asking me how to say my name - sometimes even people I've gone to church with for years. So there you go... Tanja rhymes with lasagna.

And I thought nothing good could ever come from a childhood moniker.

No comments: