Thursday, April 2, 2009

Savior, Please

It's been awhile since I posted a video clip of a song that's really getting to me. Here's one that I'm loving right now.



I was put off at first by the lyrics that say "Savior, please keep saving me" because I firmly believe that once Jesus gets a hold of your life, you don't lose the gift of salvation.

But I have ups and downs as a Christian. I fall. I fail.

I go back to this verse: Philippians 3:12-16.

"Not that I have already reached [the goal] or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus. Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus. Therefore, all who are mature should think this way. And if you think differently about anything, God will reveal this to you also. In any case, we should live up to whatever [truth] we have attained."

I'm not there yet, but I am responsible for living up to the standard that God has revealed to me up to that point in my life. And once I "get it", He'll reveal more to me. And then I'll be responsible for that, too.

But it's awful hard to live up to all those expectations. Because of sin and my nature to wallow in it.

So Savior, please, keep saving me. Every single day. Bit by bit.

1 comment:

~cassie~ said...

Love that song!!! It is one of my favorites!! James too!!