Friday, April 24, 2009

I've Been Grilled

I've been blog surfing a minute or two again lately. Not heavily, like I did last year. That was excessive. But don't tell Bruce.

Actually, he probably already knows. One too many dinners making it to the table late were evidence.

Anyway, I've found a new favorite over at Golden Goodness. Tina is a fellow Tennessean. I like that!

Here's something else I like from her blog.

GoldenGoodness

Here are her grilling questions this week (with my answers):

1. When you were in school, did you study hard or cram the night before?
I didn't learn how to really study until years after college, doing Bible studies. Probably because I was more interested in that than most of my college classes. I was a total crammer in college. Drove my husband nuts, because I'd cram and he'd really study. He's decided that's just the difference between an English/journalism major and a mechanical engineering major. He might be right.

2. What can pull you out of a really funky mood?
A good book, almost always. Music, usually. Nature, but I enjoy it best when I'm alone with nothing to distract me from God's creation.

3. Do you keep the invoice after you've paid the bill?
Used to. For far too long. Now Bruce does all that stuff. And I love him for it.

4. Do you have yard sales? Shop at them?
I've had more yard sales than I've shopped at. I don't like driving from spot to spot, never sure of what I'll find, if anything. I love consignment sales though, when everything is in one location and I don't leave empty handed.

5. When was the last time you rode a rollercoaster?
Sometime last summer, Thunderhead at Dollywood

6. Spring cleaning...do you do such things as wash your windows?
I detest washing windows. I'll do the inside, but I leave the outside for Bruce to do.

7. How often do you clean out your refrigerator?
Before kids, every two weeks... right before payday when I knew I'd be grocery shopping the next day. Now, it gets cleaned if we are having any kind of company and I think someone might need to peep inside the fridge. I also clean it whenever one of the kids spills something inside of it. And before "eating" holidays... you know the ones... Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, the kids' birthdays. Because I have to fit more prepared dishes and leftovers back in there and I like it to be cleaned and organized first.

8. Have you ever been a victim of identity theft?
No. Nobody wants to be me. That's good, right? :-)

No comments: