Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Next Ansel Adams

My husband is having a brush with fame. He's been published. Not for writing, but for his photography.

Bruce took a business trip to New Zealand a little over a year ago. Evidently, this was a trip of a lifetime. He has been saying ever since then that he'd like to go back some day with me in tow.

New Zealand is gorgeous. I've seen the pictures he brought back, taken between his various business meetings.

And now others will see at least one of them as well. This one:



When Bruce came back, he posted several pictures from the Auckland area on Flickr. Evidently, he was contacted to see if that one above could be published. No monetary compensation, unfortunately, but still, it's pretty cool.

You can see where he was published by clicking HERE. Then go down to the heading for Karekare Beach. The photos pop up to the right and you can scroll through using the arrows until you see Bruce's photo and name.

I'm pretty proud of him. I'm the one who took photography in college and then used cameras almost daily when I worked at newspapers nearly a decade ago. But Bruce knows his way around a camera better than I do these days.

It's because he's patient. He reads camera manuals. And lots of advice from professionals.

I don't. I'm happy with my point-and-shoot camera.

In closing, if you aren't familiar with Ansel Adams' work, then I have a treat for you.

Moonrise by Ansel Adams. Taken in 1941, in Hernandez, New Mexico.



I have a poster of this print hanging in my kitchen. It's my fave.

You can't see as much detail in this little copy. It's a small town lit by moon light with headstones highlighted from the cemetery on the outskirts of town. Gorgeous!

No comments: