Friday, June 27, 2008

An Award? How Cool!

A very cool blogging friend, FlipFlop Mom at Just A Flip Flop Mom, passed on to me this award recently. I found FlipFlop by blog hopping one day, and since that day she's been marked on my Favorites list. She loves reading, baking, gardening and yard sales, where she looks for vintage items. Check her out. I bet you put her on your Favorites list, too.

Here's the award.



Here are the rules, because everything comes with rules, right?

Here you go.
1. Chose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4. The award winner and one who has given the prize has to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. Show these rules.

This was hard for me, so it's taken me a bit to figure out with whom I'll share the love.

1. Anne at Pierce Family Happenings. I have yet to meet Anne in person, although we have in common several friends. But I feel like I already know her. She has the sweetest family. I never leave her blog without smiling. Because, honestly, you can feel the love.

2. Nicole at Perfect Family We Are Not. Nicole cracks me up. She's high energy, has kids that make her lose her mind occasionally, and is a computer genius. (Did I mention that she made my really cool signature at the bottom of my post? Yeah. I did. But I'll say it again.) I hit up Nicole for help... often. And she comes through every time.

3. Melanie at The Fruits of the Spirit. Melanie is so cute you just want to hug her. Really. Look at her picture and tell me you don't! Her posts are inspiring, convicting and encouraging. And she lives in Texas, where my first child was born, so I feel a sense of kinship with her.

4. Lori at I will take it Lord, all You have to give. I love Lori's blog. It's pretty. But it's more than that. What she does with Bible verses and Photoshop (I'm guessing) on her side column is just neat. And what she writes? She's the real deal.

5. Cassie at And these are the Days of our Lives. Cassie is creative. Cassie is funny. Cassie is OCD... hey, that's a good thing in my book! She knows I'm jealous of this trait. Cassie is also a great photographer, so when you are at her blog, check out the link to her business site as well.

5 comments:

Pierce Family Happenings said...

Tanja,
Thank you sooo much! I'm so touched! :) Thank you for the kind words and the award! "I would like to thank the academy..." heehee! Just kidding! I can't wait to pass this award on to some fellow bloggers. Thanks again! I probably need to "dress up" my blog now with a pretty lay-out like what you are sporting these days (very nice btw!) You've inspired me to put a little more time into it. :) I just need to learn how! lol!
I hope you guys have a fabulous vaca and some great family time. It always seems to be just what we needed. I'm jealous, wish we could go back!
Thanks again!
Love,
Anne

Nicole said...

Oh Tanja - thank you so much for the award...first one I have ever received!!!

I think so highly of you as a friend, mom and Christian and please know that you inspire me OFTEN!!!

Hope the vacation is going well!!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

You're so sweet... did you know that?? Ü I love your free blog layout.. so much so I sneaked one of my own.. hope you don't mind?????

~cassie~ said...

Thanks so much for the award...I did a post about it..You will have to check it out when you get home....Hope you are having a great trip...

Melanie said...

Tanja, Thank you so much for the reward. It's my very first one!

I'll write a blog about it soon and share it with some bloggers I think are special.

I hope you are having a GREAT vacation!