Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stepping Up

Tonight I begin leading at our church the Beth Moore study, "Stepping Up: a Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent."



I have been excited about this study for a couple of months now. But I've forced myself to limit my excitement to only prayer during that time. I had to prioritize other things before this study, until my commitment to those areas was finished.

The last few days, I've sat down for hours of prep time. When I lead something, I get as prepared as I can be. I don't like to be surprised (unless God does the surprising!) by the unexpected because of any lack of study.

Now, I'm even more excited about this study. If there is anyone in my home church or an area church who is feeling down, please join us tonight for this study. (There is one lady joining us who attends a neighboring church, so you won't be alone if you don't attend Sunnyside normally. We'll all be really nice, I promise!)

UPDATED... I just went back and read this and I realize that it sounds like you need to be depressed to enjoy this study. That's not what I meant. I only used those words because of something Beth Moore says on the DVD. You can be as happy as you want to be and still benefit from this journey. That's the great thing about God's word... it gets us right where we are at that moment.

We'll meet each Tuesday evening this summer from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in a downstairs classroom under our main sanctuary. There will be signs posted on the front door to direct you to the classroom we'll be in.

I teared up watching the DVD introductory session yesterday. She talks about being down in whatever circumstance might be bothering us. But she also talks about our pilgrimage, growing closer to the Lord.

And that's all I'm going to reveal for now.

Please pray for our group as we study together this summer. Pray also that someone within the group will feel up to leading the class one week while my family is on vacation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tanja...are you sure it is okay for an "outsider" to attend your class. I would love to attend, but I definately don't want to intrude...it is so close to the house and I would love to spend some time with some sweet ladies like you all (I miss you all like crazy). Do I need to just pick up a book from lifeway....

Diana

Tanja said...

Diana, you'll never be an outsider to any of us. Come on!