Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Vacation



Remember the 1980's? The Go-Go's? Their album and song "Vacation"?

No? Well, then... here you go. My treat.



I've been humming it in my head for days now. And now, so shall you. Don't you love it when that happens? I apologize if you aren't a fan of all-girl bands. Or the 80's.

You'll never convince me you aren't a fan of vacations.

We head out tomorrow. For the last two weeks, at least once daily, Bruce has looked at me with a nearly delirious grin on his face and said, "Have I told you how excited I am about our vacation? I can't wait!"

We don't have two weeks. And we aren't heading to the beach to forget some inconsiderate love interest.

We have one week. Without work. Without school. Without obligations.

We have one week. With the camper. With three pools. With the beach.

Okay, I can't fool you. If you know me, beach vacations aren't really my thing. But I am looking forward to this vacation.

When else do you get to have endless free time with the people you love best?

Stick me and my 10-pound overweight frame in a nudist colony during winter and I'd still be happy as long as my family is with me. I'd be cold. And self-conscious. But I'd still be happy.

I've got to finish packing.

Happy Trails to you!

Oh, one last thing. I've planned a few things to automatically publish in my absence. I hope you enjoy them.


"The LORD replied, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.'"
Exodus 33:14



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful!!! Enjoy yourselves. I love the look of your blog. I hope you know I'll be singing 'Vacation' until I go to bed. hehe

Cheryl said...

We love camping!! I could spend the summer there! Hope you have fun!! Have a safe trip- God Bless you and your family!!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Tanja,

I love vacations. I agree who wouldn't want to spend time away with the people they love most. Free of normal every day life.

Have a fabulous SAFE time! Hope you come back refreshed.

Thank you, Tanja for the sweet words you left on my blog. You are very special.

Blessings!
Cheryl

Susan said...

Hey Tanja,

Oh, how EXCITING!! Hope you guys have a WONDERFUL time away.

I'll look forward to hearing all about it.

Enjoy♥

Denise said...

Enjoy your vacation sweetie.

Anonymous said...

have a safe trip and enjoy your vacation. God bless!

Fran said...

Sounds like heaven!! Have so much fun!

Unknown said...

Tanja...I hope you have a wonderful vacation and enjoy the time with your famiy. Vacations are the best!!!

Diana

Mary said...

Have fun on your vacation! Love the song! My hubby begins the countdown of our vacation way back in January! Too funny! Blessings on your day!

Laurie Ann said...

I hope you enjoy your vacation. Sounds like it will be a great one. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

love camping too. Thanks for sharing...

Darlene said...

Camping! MY family loves camping! You will have sooo much fun. Relax, eat and enjoy time with your family!

Have a fabulous week!

Melanie said...

How wonderful... family vacation time is always a special time. Yes, I am a fan! Enjoy!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Nicole said...

I am SO jealous...I hope you have a wonderful vacation!!!

I am super curious about tomorrow's post...

:o)

eph2810 said...

Love your new blog-design, Tanja.
I am so happy that you and your family can get away for an entire week - what a blessing indeed. I too would be happy any where, if I were with my beloved :)
Have a super time!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

lori said...

I always wanted to be BELINDA CARLISLE....I was a jealous teen....she seemed to have all the fun!!
Have a fabulous trip....and now I'm singing it....
for the whole weekend.....:)

ENJOY it....and I agree..time with your favorite people on the planet...nothin' better!!
peace and safe journeys!
lori

Anonymous said...

Camping, what fun! Haven't done that in a while...have a lovely trip!

Oh and I just looove what you've done to your blog its absolutely super!