Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Will Touch You

One of my closest and oldest friends sent me this via e-mail the other day.

It blessed me. It made me cry. It challenged me.

Tell me if it does the same to you.


A son asked his father, "Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?" The father, despite having a heart condition, said yes.

They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying "yes" to his son's request of going through the race together.

One day, the son asked his father, "Dad, let's join the Ironman together." His father agreed again to his son's request.

For those who didn't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 km) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 km) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 km) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

Father and son went on to complete the race together.

Here's the video of that race.






All I can say is: That's a real man. That's a tried-and-true dad.

2 comments:

Marie Stork said...

Found your blog hopping from one to another. Thanks for all the encouragment I found here. Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Amazing, awesome, touching. Thanks for sharing