Friday, March 7, 2008

Blog Party

Ultimate Blog Party 2008

I heard about this shin-dig on a friend's blog, so I hopped around and did a little research.

I like the idea of meeting more fellow bloggers, because women, at home, with unlimited access to computers can be a very dangerous thing. (I'm thinking shopping here, although that's not my downfall. Well, unless you count buying books off of Amazon!)

I've been blogging only since last September. This started out as a way for our families to keep in touch and know what we're up to with our crew. But now it's often a way for me to keep things in perspective, to try to find some humor in the "blech" situations in life, and to remember the things I'm most thankful for.

I've been blessed by the posts of other Christian women bloggers so much that I now haunt their sites regularly. Go back and read a few of my posts if you have the time. Maybe you'll decide this blog is "haunt" worthy.

Party on!

P.S. You can go to 5 Minutes for Mom to check out other party participants, and to see a list of some great prizes.

My top three favorite prizes are all books.

Prize #88 Ethan Allen's Style Book provided by Southern Hospitality.

Prize #8 50 Nights of Family Fun provided by Essential Family Living.

Prize #116 True Believer by Nicholas Sparks provided by Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders.

I also like the following prizes:
#80 (scripture doll),
#32 (Livin' the Dream t-shirt),
#96 (Good Pails to Have),
#23 (t-shirt by PMKU),
#38 (custom made teacher notecards) and
#49 ($10 gift certificate to CBD).

Good stuff, ladies. Go check it out!

22 comments:

Fran said...

I stalk you often! :)
So glad to have found ya!!

Unknown said...

Have a lovely Blog Party. Hope you can maybe drop in and say "Hi".

I am giving away a digi-scrap gift voucher, and also have a St Patricks Day giveaway coming soon too.

I too enjoy discovering other Christian Mummy blogs.

Jus Shar Designs said...

Loving the blog party!

Check out my blog when you get the chance. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Glad you stopped by for a visit! Have a wonderful blog party week. I am also glad for so many Christian women connecting around the globe. It's a wonderful thing!

God Bless!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

It is nice to meet you!

Hope you are having fun at the party!

Anonymous said...

Inviting you to party with me!

Win Chocolates:
http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Win a handmade pocket place mat:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Join me this month at A Cup of Joy for Missions Month:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

Rebecca said...

I'm lovin' your blog! I've already posted a couple of times, but I'll come back later and read more! Come visit my party when you have time!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Hey there, nice to see you partying! Come by my party in southern Italy when you get a chance :)

Blessed said...

Have a lovely week partying! I'm a new blogger too and am enjoying the community I've discovered

Natalie said...

I'm just party hopping. It's nice to "meet" you! If you want to visit my party just click #9 on the 5MM linky. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit! I've only moved a couple times in my life but it has always been quite a task for me. I'm currently living in the same house I grew up in. My family moved in here the first time when I was about 2-3 years old; when I was 9 I moved in with my mom in a town about 30 minutes away then when I was 14 I decided to move back in with my dad. Working out where to go from here and how to get there - but not entirely sure I'm ready to strike out on my own just yet despite being "too old" to still be living with my dad.

Gee I know how to ramble. :p Anyway it's nice to "meet" you & thanks again for stopping by!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hey! I had to come over and see who else likes Aaron Shust! I got to hear him sing with Audio Adrenaline's Goodbye Tour. It's very nice to meet you. Please come visit 2nd cup of coffee again soon!

2Forgetful said...

Great party! thanks for stopping by mine. I love meeting moms with older twins because it's proof that I will survive. :-) And thanks for the laugh about the "maternal" twins! Of to explore more of your blog...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog party! It was nice having you over. You have a very nice blog. I'll be back again!

Brandie said...

Hello! It's so "nice" to meet you =)
ROFL on the shopping thing - and really, can you ever have too many books? Nope! I don't think so!

Alexis Jacobs said...

I have enjoyed your party. I am sure I will be back! And I hope you win the Nicholas Sparks book. It is great.

Thanks for stopping by my party!

Natalie said...

happy blog party to you! i have been blogging a long time but just discovered the blogging community! i am having so much fun meeting new people.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog party!! Thanks so much for stopping by mine! I love your reasons for blogging.

Deb said...

Great post! Hope your enjoying the party! I’ve been meeting tons of new people! Hope to try to visit at least half of them before Friday! You never know when you may meet a forever friend. Pop by for a visit if you get a chance! Enjoy your day!

Marissa said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my party - it's good to meet you! About the sticky post: just go to the "edit post" screen and then at the bottom click on "post options." To the right you'll see the date and time. Change the date to a future date and your post will remain at the top until that date. Have a great party!

Anonymous said...

Hello, nice to meet you. Welcome to the party, even though we are coming to the end. Hopefully I will see you again soon.

KC said...

So sorry I'm getting to the party late.. But hey better late then never right :P
I really enjoyed getting to meet you, and I'm glad you found your way to my party post.. Thank your for the comment..
I do hope you stop back to visit often..
Thanks for partying with me this week.
KC