Monday, March 3, 2008

Is It Spring Yet?

It sure felt like it today. It was in the lower 70s, and it was the first time in weeks that I actually felt warm.

The kids started getting grouchy shortly after Clay got home from school, so as soon as he was finished with his homework, I kicked them all out. I was hoping it would burn off some energy and create a new attitude.

It didn't really work, at least not with the attitude improvement. But I made them sit for a picture while we were out there.



Can you tell that Clay didn't want to be beside Allison? He was mad at her. Smile for the camera! Pretend to like each other.

It was even warm enough for me to give Dixie, our lab, a bath. She was one stinky pup! But when I turned that water on, I realized it was still fairly cold. I actually thought about calling off the bath, but she loves baths. And she really was rank.

After puppy primping, as I was putting the hose back up, Spencer fell off his bike and just howled. I had Clay and Allison pick up all toys while I carried Spencer in and bandaged him up. He's pretty pitiful. He's got four Band-Aids scattered across his body, and I didn't even use the Spiderman ones.

It's gonna be an early night for these critters.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Our weather was absolutely beautiful all weekend...the rains have arrived and tomorrow will be back to painful cold I'm afraid....

Spring please come!! And stay!

Cute pix.