Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In Search of Eden

The book I just finished was so good I had to share.

It feels like I've been reading it for a very long time, and I have. Longer than usual, but you know, life happens. My mom actually bought it for me when she was visiting in the fall, but I just got around to starting it last month.

Here's the book.



I liked the front cover. But what really drew me in to the book was its setting. Most of the story takes place in Abingdon, Virginia, a place I love.

Many spots local to Abingdon were mentioned. The Creeper Trail. The Pepper Mill restaurant. The Barter Theatre. And others. The author, Linda Nichols, even mentioned the Highlands Festival, which is just a super time to visit the area and happens this year from July 26 through August 10. (You can find out more here.)

The story is intensly "ugly" in some areas and really poignant in others. It's very well put together. And the main characters feel real.

You'll like it!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I will most definitely give that one a read.
Sounds great!!

Anonymous said...

Heading out to my weekly ALONE time at Target. I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the review and thanks for visiting me!