Friday, March 21, 2008

The Package

I just received a package from my mom for Easter from Germany. It looked suspiciously like it had been tampered with. You know how that United States Postal Service is! (That's just a little friendly jab in the direction of my mother-in-law, since she is a long-time employee of the USPS.)

Sure enough, upon greater inspection, I could see where Mom had taped the box shut with clear tape. And right on top of that, someone had whipped a new layer of thinner, but reinforced tape.

This is what my mom sent me.



It's my grandmother's cooking pot. Nothing exceptional about it, except that mom kept it for me when she went through my Oma's things before the sale of her house. Just a little memento for me with the added bonus of being usable.

But here's how Mom labeled the package.



Okay. I guess if I saw a package that was shipping "pot" I'd check it out, too.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is hilarious!!!! :o) )

eph2810 said...

LOL!!! Yeah it might have been the POT that would make anyone open up the package. That is just too cute, Tanja :) I got my goodies on Good Friday :)