Monday, March 10, 2008

I Need It

If you're here visiting for the Blog Party, click here for my post about that. Please feel free to browse as well.


I just read something I have to share. And I must share it because it's in my own defense. And since I didn't originally write it or say it, it actually has some credibility.

A couple days ago I blogged a silly little rant about the results of a fun Pooh-inspired quiz. (Yes, as in Winnie the Pooh. Only the most sophisticated of reading material will ever be discussed on this blog. We're very highbrow here.) To read the original blog entry about that, click here.

I wasn't sure I appreciated the playful results. (No matter how true.)

And now, to show you that being talkative has genuine merit, I give you the following:

"If you've ever been told you talk too much, keep this comeback in mind: chatting with relatives or friends (either in person or over the phone) can boost your brainpower, a new study has found. Plus, discussing a social issue for only 10 minutes improves your memory just as much as more traditional intellectual activities, like doing crossword puzzles." (Taken from Family Circle magazine's April 1, 2008, issue.)

There you go. I talk a lot because I'm trying to get smarter. And, quite frankly, I need it. Because the older my children get, the stupider I become.

For the record, I still think I'm at least part Eeyore.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I just saw your comment on my blog, sure, feel free to borrow the button. :)

~cassie~ said...

I can't help but laugh every time I read a comment about you being Owl...I think you are so funny...Eeyore is no where near as comical as you are...no where close!!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

HA HA HA HA!! I LOVED this... I'm going to keep this in mind!! I have a girlfriend that chats and chats and chats.. I'll just keep telling myself... she' trying to get smarter!!! LOL LOL

Natalie said...

ohhhhh, i love that. i am getting smarter! i can't wait to explain that to my husband! he plays sudoku and i talk!