Thursday, March 6, 2008

Owl? Really?

This was just too fun to pass up.

Borrowed it off Cassie. Goodness, this week has been a great week for me. I've become quite the Blogging Thief. Oh, don't fret. I give credit! I'm not a plagiarist, for crying out loud. Too many years in journalism school for that. And many more years as a Christian, too, to prevent me from a true life of crime.

On to the fun...

In all thoughts regarding Winnie the Pooh, I've always figured I had a touch of Eeyore in me. I love him. He's that great shade of purply-grayish-blue. It's a lovely color. He talks slow enough to probably trace his roots back to some great southern state. He is a bit gloomy and tends to feel sorry for himself (I enjoy a good pity party now and again). And he likes to sleep. We truly are kindred spirits.

Turns out, I've been fooling myself all these years. Evidently, according to this highly scientific study, I'm more like Owl.


Take the 100 Acre Personality Quiz!


Facts, schmacts. Who needs 'em? I'm much more in favor of poetic license. Now that's how you get a good story! Fiction, of course.

Everyone likes talking about themselves, don't they?

"Don't always have the right information"? Who are they kidding? I know how to do research. I love research! I lived for research papers in college. I've often thought I could make a lucrative living off of writing research papers. As a matter of fact, I did make a living at one time doing research for newspaper articles. It was hardly lucrative, but that's beside the point. Oh, I can get the right information. That I can do.

But the most bothersome detail is the last. "Tend to talk too much"

Now that just hurts. Who told?

My dad? Did he pass on previous report cards containing the notation that: "Tanja is a good student, but she tends to talk too much in class."

Did someone interview my spouse? My kids? My friends?

Hmmm.... I've a mind to be insulted here. Owl, my foot!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

The quiz said I was...

Winnie-the-Pooh

You are loveable and kind, even if you are a bit slow sometimes. All you need to be happy in life is good food, good friends, and good fun!

~cassie~ said...

I am cracking up...I won't comment about what the quiz said you were...I was thinking...hmmm..maybe Tanja is a bit owlish...just a bit..Still love ya!!

2Forgetful said...

I think all of their results have something insulting in them. I was 58% Pooh and told that I am "a bit slow sometimes." ?!?!?