Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Healing the Blind

If you're here visiting for the Blog Party, click here for my post about that. Please feel free to browse as well.

Quick question. Did you know that Jesus not only healed people, but also vegetables? Well, if you want to get technical, fruits.

It's true, according to my daughter.

Each Wednesday, I take my younger two to Bible Study Fellowship. They have their own class with other children, while I have time with adult women.

We're in Matthew this year at BSF. Today, we were specifically in Matthew 20 with part of what we discussed being the healing of the two blind men in verses 29-34. But the kids learned about another blind man.

When I picked up my two, I asked about their lesson. I already knew exactly who they learned about, but I like to make sure they're paying attention enough to recall information to me.

And so my question was, "What did you learn about today?"

Spencer replied. "About a man that Jesus healed from being blind."

Another question from me. "What was his name?"

This time Allison answered. With this. "Bar-Tomato."

Um, yes. Bartimaeus.

Oh well, a rose by any other name is still a rose.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was so cute. I have heard many of these little lines over the years teaching "4 year olds" in Sunday School. They can come up with some good ones. Not to long ago a lady at our church came in telling something similar about her little girl. In the worship service that morning, we had been singing the song that has the words "I am a Friend of God, I am a Friend of God, etc"

The little girl asked her mom after the song was over ---- "why do we keep singing - I am AFRAID of God" over and over again????

Diana