Friday, March 14, 2008

My Superpower

If you're here visiting for the Blog Party, click here for my post about that. Please feel free to browse as well.

Prepare to be amazed.

I've been mostly serious in my last few posts and it's taxed my brain a bit. It's time for a little silliness. Because it's Friday.

Your Superpower Should Be Mind Reading



You are brilliant, insightful, and intuitive.
You understand people better than they would like to be understood.


Highly sensitive, you are good at putting together seemingly irrelevant details.
You figure out what's going on before anyone knows that anything is going on!

Why you would be a good superhero: You don't care what people think, and you'd do whatever needed to be done.

Your biggest problem as a superhero: Feeling even more isolated than you do now.



Oh, how true! My superpower should be mind-reading. Sadly, it's not. But it should be! Bruce would be a much happier man if it were.

As to the rest of the description of my superpowers, there are times when I am highly sensitive. But it's never pretty. Certainly not hero-type behavior.

I deal daily with irrelevant details. Which laundry load should be washed first? PB & J or ham & cheese for lunch? Dust, vacuum or blog? Spongebob, Fetch or Barbie Mariposa?

And if I could really figure out what was going on before anyone else, I wouldn't have a blood stain on my den carpet, glue on my kitchen table or pencil marks on the wall. I would also likely not have spent $15 at PetSmart in the last month, constantly replacing dead fish with no apparent cause of death.

But that part about why I'd be a good superhero? All true. I mostly don't care what others think (unless I think I'll be a stumbling block. In utmost seriousness, I care deeply about my witness and testimony). And I do buckle down and do what needs to be done.

Isolated? Are you kidding me? I can't even go to the bathroom for 30 seconds without interruption. I'd love some isolation. Just for half a day even.

Oh, yeah, I'm a superhero. Tell me something I don't already know.

But my hero skills are more along these lines.

Able to stumble haphazardly over mini Lego villages after stepping on one almost microscopic piece and cringing. But the village remains intact. And that's what really matters.

Single-handedly capable of swiping a sticky mouth free of chocolate and Q-tipping a clogged nose free of goo.

Proven ability to fly from one child's room to another to catch vomit in a bucket when all three come down with the stomach virus in the same week.

I am, in fact, Wonder Woman. Aren't all moms?

Find out your superpower by clicking here. And tell me all about it by leaving a comment. You non-blogging lurkers can reply using the anonymous option. If you want to, type your first name at the end of your note, so I'll know who has what superpower. You never know when we supermoms might need to band together to save the world. Or at least to save supper (by swapping recipes or something equally tricky.).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're quick witted and fast to act.
You're mind works at warp speed. From your perspective, everyone else is living in slow motion.
You get so much done, people have accused you of not sleeping.
Definitely not a couch potato, you feel a bit crazy if you're not busy doing something.

Why you would be a good superhero: You're be the first on the scene... and likely to finish the job before anyone else shows up

Your biggest problem as a superhero: Being bored by everyone else. Including other superheroes!

Funny huh??
CHRISTY HITE

Tam said...

Popped over from flipflopmom! Hi! So I am lurking for a moment and wanted to give you a big shout out and tell you that I like your blog!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that! I've gotta find out what superpower I should have.

Jennifer said...

Here's me...

I'm INVISIBLE...

You are stealth, complex, and creative.

You never face problems head on. Instead, you rely on your craftiness to get your way.

A mystery to others, you thrive on being a little misunderstood.

You happily work behind the scenes... because there's nothing better than a sneak attack!

Why you would be a good superhero: You're so sly, no one would notice... not even your best friends

Your biggest problem as a superhero: Missing out on all of the glory that visible superheroes get

I would LOVE to be invisible sometimes.

~cassie~ said...

You are brilliant, insightful, and intuitive.
You understand people better than they would like to be understood.
Highly sensitive, you are good at putting together seemingly irrelevant details.
You figure out what's going on before anyone knows that anything is going on!

Why you would be a good superhero: You don't care what people think, and you'd do whatever needed to be done

Your biggest problem as a superhero: Feeling even more isolated than you do now

I guess you and I have more in common that we realize...Hee hee...Once again..you had me cracking up...espcially over the part about catching vomit from one room to another...that was too much...Cade's class is having a breakfast next week for the mom's ...it is called "Waffles for Wonder Woman"...so there you go..We truly are Wonder Women...

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Nice post! I'm sorry i blabbed the whole episode basically, in my title about Michael on Lost. I guess I always think, "It's Friday; it's safe to let your guard down," but there are people who haven't seen it yet. anyway, glad you weren't mad at me!

Ice Cream said...

thanks for stopping by my blog.

My super powers are:
Knowing when a child is trying to sneak food downstairs without even seeing them.

Hearing a child cough even in my sleep.

Being able to smile when my son asks me why my teeth are gold (yellow) or what those red things on my face are (acne).

Oh yeah, I'm super alright =)

Nicole said...

Here is mine:

Your Superpower Should Be Mind Reading

You are brilliant, insightful, and intuitive.
You understand people better than they would like to be understood.
Highly sensitive, you are good at putting together seemingly irrelevant details.
You figure out what's going on before anyone knows that anything is going on!

Why you would be a good superhero: You don't care what people think, and you'd do whatever needed to be done

Your biggest problem as a superhero: Feeling even more isolated than you do now

Amie Mumpower said...

Being a sub is fun especially if you just go to a couple of schools and get to know the routine. The good thing is if you don't want to go you don't have to. They now do it on the computer and it calls you or you can sign up for particular classes. Much more convenient. By the way I love reading your blog. It's like reading an interesting magazine. You should really go back to writing in some way, you should be getting paid to write like this.