Thursday, May 15, 2008

Meme to Win Books

Here's a fun little meme that might win you some free books. Summer's coming up so you'll need some pool-side reading material. Join in the fun.

Three people will be selected at random to win Gourmet chocolate coins and all three books in the Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series by Tricia Goyer. To enter all you have to do is answer the MEME on your blog and then leave a comment here.

Here's the front cover of one of the books for those of you who judge a book by its cover. (Just admit it. You know you do it!)





I've never read this author, but I have big plans this summer to read some new authors as well as to catch up on the newest releases from my favorite authors.

Here's the meme and my answers.


1. List three things you would do with a chest full of gold (assuming you got to keep it!) First off, I'd cash it in for paper moolah. Then I'd:


-pay off our camper,


-buy new living room furniture,


-and sock away the rest for a rainy day.

2. List three charities/missions/organizations you support (and why).


-World Vision, because I felt like we needed to be giving to someone who has far less than we do so we'd appreciate our blessings more.


-Also, I support our church's mission work with a town in Nicaragua, partly for the folks who live there, but also as a way to encourage the people in our church who have made it a very personal ministry by visiting the area several times.


-Finally, I support a couple who I have known for 16 years who I served on a mission team with in the states. They now do international missions with their family of five kids. I do it out of a love for the family. I'm a better person just knowing them.

3. List three ways you have volunteered your time/services.


-Teaching Sunday School or VBS,


-helping man the Nursery and Children's Church at church,


-being in the classroom at my son's school.

4. List three things you keep "hidden" when company comes over.


-The toddler wipes for our youngest kids, who have by now outgrown them. I should toss them, but my pack-rat tendencies won't let me.


-Our shoe and coat closet, because it's a mess.


-And the entire "living room" gets blocked by a tri-fold screen because it has never been a true living room, but lives to be a catch-all place where things are stored until they are needed or tossed.

5. List the last three things you've lost.


-My cool,


-my mind,

-and a $50 reimbursement check from our insurance company.


Ironically, all three losses occurred within the same hour.

6. List the last three things you've found.


-My daughter who ran off while we were on a recent camping trip.


-A library book that was overdue.


-Sunscreen, which I needed to find quickly before I sent my son to school on Field Day.


Your turn. Don't forget to post a comment on the author's site to be included in the drawing for free books.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I just love how your entire living room gets blocked off by a tri-fold screen. I've got to get one of those for my laundry room.