Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Meds

This past Monday I called our pediatrician because Clay's allergies are no longer manageable with Claritin and Benadryl. His eyes are terribly irritated and the redness and extreme swelling looks hideous and painful.

I am so thankful today for our pediatrician. He knows Clay's history with allergies. He had prescribed Patanol last year, but I never filled it because the allergies weren't as bad last year, and the prescription expired. This year when I called, Dr. Mitoraj called a prescription in to the pharmacy without us having to schedule an appointment. (That in and of itself is a huge blessing because I take all three kids nearly every visit. It's a bit much, especially around the time that lollipops are handed out.)

Clay is our notoriously terrible medicine taker. But he has adapted to these eye drops like a champ.

And while you can do the drops twice a day, so far we've only had to do it once a day. If things continue to worsen, we still have some wiggle room before taking this allergy thing one step further.

This week, my oldest has been bright eyed and not bleary eyed. It's quite a sight. He looks as handsome as can be in this Momma's eyes.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Praise God for compassionate, and understanding doctors. I am glad your son is doing better.

Susan said...

Happy TT to you!

Oh, I'm so sorry about your son and so blessed the doc called in what he needs.

It's wonderful having a great doctor huh?

We've been blessed in that area for sure.

Have a blessed day♥

Anonymous said...

Allergies can be horrible. My husband has been sneezing all week. Happy TT.

eph2810 said...

Oh, allergies is a horrible thing - I can't even imagine how your boy feels. I have a hard time myself. I am glad that you have such a great doctor where don't have to come in. Hopefully the eye-drops continue to work.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always...

Nicole said...

I feel your pain...I have had headaches everyday this week and had to pull out the Zyrtec again.

All THREE of my kids take Singulair and Zyrtec because we all have terrible allergies. Duffer teases us constantly on how he is the only tough one in the family.