Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday Singing - The Face of Christ



Love this one by Chris Rice, "The Face of Christ".

This song reminds me not to be haughty or proud. I'm no better than the person next to me. I'm also challenged to reach out to those in need. If Christians won't, who else can be expected to?





Matthew 25:34-40
"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"



For more Then Sings My Soul Saturdays, go here.

10 comments:

ocean mommy said...

We really are the only Jesus people see sometimes! Thank you for reminding me of that today!

Blessings,
steph.

beckyjomama said...

I love Chris Rice - I chose a fun one from him this time, but his songs really make me think.

This is one of my faves.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love this song. It really does make you think about the people we pass by every day and don't give a second thought.

Melissa Lea said...

Thanks for sharing a great song! Have a wonderful weekend!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Tanja,

I don't think I've heard this song, but I really like it. I agree it does make you really think.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl

Darlene said...

I know the song but, have never seen the video. Amen to what Ocean Mommy said. I needed to be reminded that people see me all the time and I need to let HIM shine through. Thanks for reminding me... to try not to be selfish and give more or myself to others.
Have a great weekend!

Peggy said...

Simple wonderful and aMazing the Face of Christ...Tanja...how we reflect that daily to others by how and who
we are...indeed it is a challenge!

Your song and selection from the Word
was excellent! I love Chris Rice and had not ever seen this video!

Be blessed and thanks for passing this on to a friend of yours,Cassie!
Or I guess she just saw Christ in You and loved songs enough to give it a go!

Sheila said...

That's one of my favorite songs! Chris Rice and Rich Mullins always get me with their lyrics- to the heart!

bless you
Sheila

Shari said...

It really is amazing how similar we all are. And each of us, whether Christian or non, seems to have something that we are struggling with. I'm glad that you're encouraging us to reach out to those in need. Christians would make a huge positive difference for eternity if we all just did our part.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

What a great great song and wonderful reminder...