Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prayers Please

My mother-in-law just called to tell me about the following, which I took off of Steven Curtis Chapman's official site.


MARIA SUE CHAPMAN, DAUGHTER OF STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN, DIES IN ACCIDENT AT FAMILY HOME
NASHVILLE, TN...5/21/08... At approximately 5pm on the afternoon of Wednesday May 21st, Maria Sue Chapman, 5 years old and the youngest daughter to Steven and Mary Beth Chapman was struck in the driveway of the Chapman home in Franklin, TN. Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there. Maria is one of the close knit family’s six children and one of their three adopted daughters.



Please be in prayer for this family, especially for the Chapman's teenage son, who was driving the vehicle that struck his little sister, according to our local newspaper.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My best friend called and told me this. How sad for the family and for the son especially. She was such a sweet and cute little girl. I'll pray for them.

Blessedw5mom said...

I heard this late last night ... my heart is just aching for them, have prayed many times for them today. Thanks for passing along their need for prayer on your blog

Fran said...

Praying with you Tanja....hug those babies tonight.

Blessings~
Fran

Pierce Family Happenings said...

Just heartbreaking isn't it? I've thought about and prayed for them all day. Did you happen to go to the webpage and see the little video they had put together of Maria Sue and SCC from just a few weeks ago? It was so sweet...they are washing dishes and he gets out his guitar and sings a song and she dances along. They also mentioned on the family website that she just had her 5th bday 10 days ago. Check it out if you've not been there yet.
Oh, I'll get you the info on that parenting class too...:)
Have a great night!