Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Movies



Today's Ten on Tuesday list is "10 Movies You’re Excited to See".

This is not a great list for me. I used to be a big time movie-goer, but now I am far more selective about what I watch. And more often than not, any movies we watch are rented and not on the big screen in a theater.

I also generally go to Focus on the Family's movie review site here before seeing a movie, especially one I plan for my kids to watch. We've steered clear of a few thanks to those reviews.

Here are a few I'd like to see, although most are already on video.

10. 27 Dresses
9. Nim's Island (with the kids)
8. Night at the Museum (with the kids)
7. Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (the documentary hosted by Ben Stein)
6. Thr3e (because I finally finished the book and wonder how Hollywood portrayed it)
5. The Last Sineater (also read the book and would like to compare the movie)
4. Baby Mama
3. The Bucket List (because I am a huge fan of Morgan Freeman's)
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (I bought it but have yet to watch it)
1. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (although I don't understand why this one was made into a movie. The kids and I are currently listening on audio CDs to the fifth of the six chronicles, and Prince Caspian was my least favorite so far)


To see other people's lists, go here.

Comment here and tell me your 10. Or post your 10 and comment to tell me to check your blog out. Happy video viewing!

9 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

We have none in common. Ha!

I played :)

Anonymous said...

Baby Mama is adorable. I dragged my hubby to see it last week. We both loved it. And there's a great surprise star...at least it was a surprise to us. And the first Narnia is wonderful too. Never read the book but loved the movie.

Joyce said...

Hi, Tanya,
You commented on my Ten on Tuesday while I was still editing! :) Thank you.

Also, thanks for the link to the review site. Sounds like a great resource. :)

Tanja said...

Oh, I have to revise my list. After checking out someone else's site, I have got to see Hancock with Will Smith. He's another favorite actor. And Clay told me this morning that he wants to see Kung Fu Panda for his birthday. And just saw a preview for The Happening. Looked freaky good.

Anonymous said...

I am really curious of The Bucket List. I have been wanting to see 27 Dresses too but missed it in the movie house when it was shown. Anyway, Night at the Museum is really a fun movie! My nephews were laughing most of the time and really enjoyed the movie.

Florinda said...

I really need to get around to Baby Mama - I think Tina Fey is awesome. Thanks for stopping by my blog; glad to point you toward Hancock :-)!

Melanie said...

The Bucket List is a good one.. hubby and I went to see it a few weeks. I wouldn't watch it with my kiddos (sexual references and language), but it's a good adult movie.

I really am out of touch with the movie scene these days as this one and the Narnia movies are the only ones I recognized. Ever since the kids were born, I just can't keep up! Plus, I'm sure we focus much more on movies they can see with us.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a fun list!
thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog on Saturday. YOu blessed me :o)

Jennifer said...

~27 Dresses is really good.
~We want to see Nimm's Island too...I've heard it's great.
~We all LOVED Night at the Museum...it's definitely a must see.

We also want to see Kung Fu Panda.

As far as ScARy movies go....we are going to see The Strangers when it comes out. It looks VERY FREAKY GOOD....as you say.

Have a good one! =-)
I like this Ten on Tuesday. It's interesting.